Sewer Urchin is a character on the animated television series The Tick.
When Urchin first appeared, it seemed that Tick and Arthur were not eager to befriend him. They gave him the cold shoulder and quickly got the heck out of dodge. They later brought him along to the Comet Club, and even though he and Die Fledermaus irritated them to no end, they spent more and more time with them. They happened to meet up during Proto-Clown's rampage, and then later helped Arthur, Die Fledermaus and American Maid save Tick from Charles. He's since stopped many crimes with them, and they once traveled with him to the sewers, were he is revered, to stop the Sewer Czar's evil plot.
Sewer Urchin is an unusual fellow: he wallows in the sewers, and yet, he loves it. He is the protector of the sewer's people, and unafraid to risk his life to save his home. He is often mocked by Die Fledermaus for his smell and habits, and is secluded from missions because nobody wants him around. He and Arthur seem to have a good friendship, as he answered Arthur's request to help him free Tick from Mr. Mental, and when he saved Arthur from Doorman, who was trying to kick him out of the Comet Club.
Powers and Abilities
- Debilitating Stench: His smell is enough to disable the android Doorman, who is very powerful.
- Grappling Can: a grapple launcher disguised as a tin can.
- Submarine: he has a "lovely submarine", which he uses to navigate the sewers, and store his findings.
- Season 1
- Season 2
- Season 3
- The Tick (video game)
- His personality and speech patterns are likely based on those of Ray Babbitt, Dustin Hoffman's character in the 1988 film Rain Man.
- He is original to Tick's universe, as he was not based on a character from Ben Edlund's original comic.